Tennis Is Back!
We were delighted to hear the news that indoor tennis has been allowed to resume from the 25th July, which means that all 7 of our courts will be back in operation. You will be able to book them from the 22nd July.
When we do start back up, we wanted to be able to offer both our adults and our juniors the opportunity for coaching sessions and social play as best we can within the guidelines and of course whilst keeping everyone safe.
Here is a rundown of what you can expect to see and some of the changes to be aware of:
Adult Coaching / Social / Leagues
- Our normal weekly sessions will be back on the timetable and bookable on the App. This includes sessions such as drills and points, doubles tactics and of course tennis welcomes for anyone new to our tennis set up.
- Our tennis leagues will resume as normal. If you have not entered the leagues before why not give it a try! Just write your name up on the tennis notice board.
- Our Friday night tennis social will resume from 31st July but with a difference. In order to control numbers in line with LTA guidance you must now book to attend the social night. One of our coaches will be present to ensure the sessions runs smoothly and within the guidelines.
- We will be putting on our ever popular StartRite, PlayRite, and ProRite courses in August and these will run in a 4-week block. As soon as the Club re-opens you will be able to sign up and make payment if required at Reception.
We know how frustrating it has been for our junior players throughout lockdown and are sure many will be desperate to get back on court. For four weeks throughout August we have the following sessions and times lined up:
- Tuesday 2 – 5pm (Beginners)
- Thursday 2 – 5pm (Experienced / tournament standard)
- Saturday 9am – 12pm (Intermediate).
All sessions will run with U8’s for the first hour, U11’s for the second hour and U16’s for the final hour. You can sign your child up and pay at Reception when the Club opens. Places are limited due to capacity restrictions so please do be quick!
Key safety measures
- Please come changed in your kit and leave in your kit where possible to avoid using the changing rooms.
- No more than four players per court for standard bookings.
- LTA guidance limits coaching to 6 per session.
- No shared equipment or loan racquets to be given out.
- Please do not arrive too early for your court or session.
Welcome back and enjoy your tennis!
The Tennis TeamBACK TO NEWS