How to Make the Most out of Home Workouts
We hope you are enjoying our Club Towers Live workouts and wanted to share a few tips to help you make the most of working out at home. We know it’s not the same as being in the Club but it’s still great to do something active every day. Here are our suggestions:
- Create a good space – If you can clear out anything that might be hazardous, give yourself enough room and if possible shut the door on any distractions, this time is yours!
- Clear the diary – If you schedule the classes in your calendar, you are more likely to stick to them, so try and treat online workouts as you would a class you attend at the Club – book it in, stick to it, and say no to any other requests! Exercise and your wellbeing should be a priority so don’t feel guilty about making time for it!
- Wear the right shoes/clothes – we know we talk about this a lot at the Club, but it is important to feel comfortable and protect your body from injury.
- Use a bigger screen if you can – ideally a TV. Having the instructors on the big screen makes it feel like they are in the room with you! Do feel free to tag us on Facebook or Twitter to let us know which classes you are doing; our instructors love to know people are there during the live streams.
- Try something new – Club Towers Live offers a great chance to try something that you’ve never tried in the Club, without fear of “being the newbie”! Trying something new is also really good for us, especially during a lockdown, when new activities are limited! The class descriptions can be found here but do feel free to email us if you have any questions and we can help.
- Get the family involved – If space allows, get your teenager or partner doing the workouts with you! Motivate each other to try and get those endorphins released!
- Arrange to do the classes at the same time – Whilst we know it’s not the same as seeing each other in person, you could still arrange to do the same workouts as friends or family in other households and then have a chat afterwards on the phone for a debrief!
- Keep challenging yourself! – This is perhaps harder at home but still should be done! Remind yourself why you are doing it and what you want to achieve and keep going – you will feel great afterwards!
- Reward yourself – if you meet your goals, set yourself a reward, perhaps a nice meal from a local business who needs your support, or a little online purchase from a local retailer – whatever works for you!
Do you have any tips you can share with others? We would love to hear them!
Email in to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook.BACK TO BLOG