“Energise & Restore” Summer Solstice Yoga Practice with Vicky – 25th June
This will be a meditative practice that connects the body and mind, leaving you feeling relaxed yet energised. Taking place in our holistic studio on Sunday 25th June, 2 – 4.30pm, the order of the extended practice will be-:
- 15 minutes of Pranayama (breathing exercises) working deep into the body to help eliminate outside thoughts and bring our mind to focus on the present moment.
- Sun Salutations – 9 rounds of 12 with rests in-between.
- Gentle stretches to ease out any stress and muscle tension.
- Guided meditation to help us relax and restore our body and mind.
The act of practicing 108 Sun Salutations combines three areas of yoga:
- Bhakti – devotion
- Seva – Selfless service
- Tapas – effort, heat, discipline, zeal.
You will be left feeling relaxed yet energised and with a great sense of achievement.
What is the significance of 108?
In yogic tradition, the number 108 is a sacred number and this is a meditative practice that connects the body and mind. The number 108 has many important and symbolic meanings in diverse disciplines, ranging from mathematics to religion, spiritual practices to martial arts and, of course, yoga.
After our extended practice we will head down to the Club Lounge for some light refreshments and tea.
All levels and abilities are very welcome as all can be adapted, but some previous experience of Yoga may be beneficial. The investment is £25, with just fifteen spaces available, and the practice can be booked on a first come, first serve basis at Reception.
Please do bring any blankets and pillows as you wish.
If you have any questions about the afternoon please do ask Vicky in class or email Katy our Fitness Manager, [email protected] .BACK TO EVENTS