Cancellations & No Shows
When we opened our doors back in 2017, we were very clear that we needed to adopt a robust and consistent policy on no shows for classes. I am sure most of you have been in the situation where you have been unable to book onto a class because it is “full”, only to find that on the day the class has many spaces. It is very frustrating! It is also not an efficient way to run the Club operations. If members cancel their booking with some notice, then it is possible for others to book their space.
We decided to adopt a policy which allowed for the occasional no show or late cancellation – everyone occasionally has a situation where they cannot attend at the last minute due to an emergency, or problems with the children, or a critical issue at work/home, etc. However, we felt it important that members who consistently fail to show up, or cancel on time, are penalised and that the penalty is not just a token but actually changes the behaviour of members who regularly fail to show up or cancel on time.
This was how we arrived at our policy, and we believe it is fair to all our members.
So, how does the strikes policy actually work?
- Provided members cancel a class more than 6 hours before the activity is due to start, then they will not receive a strike – this allows others to book their space.
- Attendance is logged at our entry barriers to the Club and also on tick sheets in each class. It is therefore very important that you scan into the Club using your app. The instructor will also tick you off the sheet when you enter the studio.
- Any no show results in a strike. Please note you will be unable to cancel a class within 6 hours of the start time. However, if you are unable to make the class at the last minute, please do call Reception to tell them you won’t make it. They can then let someone attend in your place on a “walk-in” basis.
- This strike stays on the system for 90 days (3 months).
- If you receive 3 strikes in any 3-month period, you get your booking rights removed entirely for a week. You can still attend a class if there is space on the day, but you cannot book a space in advance. You will need to ask Reception to book you in on the day.
- After this week-long suspension, your booking rights will be restored, and your strike count reset to zero.
Please note, that there are no exceptions to these rules, and the Reception Team are not able to remove strikes from the system. We realise that there may be any number of highly unfortunate circumstances that cause you to miss a class through no fault of your own. However, for the system to work we have to apply it 100% consistently, irrespective of the reason for the non-attendance or late cancellation. Remember that you have to receive three strikes to lose your booking rights, so a single unfortunate incident will not have any effect.
There are a couple of other important things to be aware of:
- Booking onto a ’Waiting List’ counts as one of your 5 Advance Bookings and as the list is limited to 5 places only there is a good chance you will get a space on the class. If someone cancels their space, the next person on the waiting list will automatically get moved into the class. In this instance you will receive an email notifying you that you have the place. If you then fail to attend, you will receive a strike. Therefore, if you are on the waiting list but can no longer make that class, please do remember to cancel yourself off the waiting list to avoid being moved into the class and potentially picking up a strike.
- If you are on a ‘Waiting List’ for a morning class you may find you have been moved up overnight if someone cancels their space. Therefore please remove yourself from the waiting list before the 6 hour cut-off to avoid picking up a strike.
We hope that this helps you to understand the system better and the reasons for it. The end goal is to maximise class attendance for all of our members! Thank you for your understanding & support.