Are you Prepared for the Ski Season? A Brief Guide from our Resident Physios…..
It’s that time of year again when we can’t wait to strap on those skis or snowboards, hit the slopes and have some fun! But are you prepared?
Forget about bad technique or wrong equipment. It’s way more likely that bad preparation – neglecting those lower limb muscles specific to skiing over the past year – will be the deciding factor on how far we limit our exposure to the risk of injury.
As physios, we certainly can’t stop people from getting injured skiing! However, what we can do is ensure that you are in the best shape possible before you get to the slopes and deal effectively with any issues whilst you are there.
Preparation is the key to any sport and whatever level you are at, be that novice or seasoned skier, the stronger and more robust you are, the lower your potential risk of injury. Why not try and keep that risk to an absolute minimum this year?
A pre-ski screening from one of our team, Nick or Simon, both specialist, chartered physiotherapists, will ensure you perform at your best whilst away through the following:
- A programme to Improve lower limb and trunk strength in order to assist your ski/board performance with greater efficiency.
- Experience fewer aches and pains after a day on the slopes with advice on strategies for nutritional and physiological recovery. Quick tips to avoid that dreaded ache the following day!
- Quick and simple warm up techniques to help your muscles, so they respond more efficiently and ensure you are ready for a full day on the slopes.
- Advice on how to manage injuries and sensible strategies to avoid things getting worse should this occur.
- An email hotline should you need any advice at any time.
A pre-season screening involves assessing specific muscles for strength and mobility alongside an assessment of balance and stability – four essential elements that will ensure your success on the slopes this year.
After our initial assessment an individualised programme will be created with subsequent follow ups to progress your management should you need them.
This is a great opportunity to ‘bullet proof’ yourself and maximise your precious time on the slopes in the knowledge that you are as well prepared as you can be.
The cost of a one-hour session with Nick or Simon inclusive of programme design and in implementation within the gym area is £52.00. Please contact Reception at the treatment rooms in the Club to book or on 01234 823621.
Wishing you a happy and injury free ski season in 2020!
Simon and NickBACK TO BLOG