Level 2 Gym Instructor
We are looking to recruit a Level 2 qualified fitness instructor to work as part of our Fitness team and help drive a premium gym floor offering to our members. The role is for 30 – 40 hours initially with the expectation that the candidate will work towards completion of their level 3 Personal Training Qualification. Once qualified the candidate will be free to start personal training in the Club, with starting rates at £20 per hour.
The role will include a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings.
Reporting to the Fitness Manager, the position will have a number of key elements to ensure the smooth operation of the Gym, including:
- Delivering an efficient operation, providing excellent customer service
- Ensuring the deliver of safe and effective Gym Inductions and Gym Floor Workouts
- Ensuring that members are using equipment safely at all times
- Ensure MyWellness is used to good effect and that members’ programmes are regularly updated
- Drive Gym and Fitness based events as required
- Adhering to standard operating procedures
- Maintaining levels of cleanliness befitting a premium fitness club
- Delivering personal PT sessions once qualified
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A proven history or some experience of successful Gym Instruction within a Health Club, Gym or similar setting
- A drive for results and passion for delivering excellent customer service
- A good attitude to team work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven staying power
- A passion for fitness and healthy living
- Ability to work flexible shifts and provide cover when needed
- Good IT skills (including use of Microsoft Office)
Ideally the successful candidate will also be living locally or have the desire to settle locally (30-minute maximum commute).
Club Towers is a premium health & racquets club located in Bedford, offering our members a wide range of excellent facilities including a high-class gym, three studios, tennis, squash, treatment rooms, swimming pool and spa. Since opening in 2017, we have been highly successful, building a large membership base, and now operating a waiting list for new members.
Our members expect high levels of customer service from our staff team and hence we look to recruit people who are capable of interacting positively with our members to ensure they are well looked after.
Salary and Benefits
We invest in our staff team, offering regular training, the opportunity to improve key skills and to contribute to the development of each department.
The position will pay a competitive salary for the employed hours, depending on experience, and also consider funding the level 3 Personal Training course if required.
- Profit share bonus for contracted hours
- Complimentary Club membership
- Discounted membership rates for immediate family
- 30-33 vacation days pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Club Towers’ commitment to training and development
How to Apply
Please send in your c.v. to email@example.com, together with a covering email stating why you are applying for this position, and what attributes you think you would bring to the Role and the Club.
Closing Date: 15th February 2023BACK TO CAREERS