Chef – Part Time
Lifestyle Benefits of the Chef Role at Club Towers
We offer an excellent working environment, within a friendly and welcoming kitchen and front-of-house team. Specific benefits of the role are:
- No split shifts. Shifts are typically 8 hours in length, with a mix of mornings and afternoons/evenings.
- No late nights. Our food service ends at 8.30pm weekdays (earlier at weekends), with only very occasional later shifts.
- Great training from an experienced head chef.
- Free or discounted membership* of a high-end health Club, with facilities including pool, spa, gym, tennis and squash.
We are currently looking to recruit a part time Chef, which shifts which may include morning, afternoon/early evening and weekend shifts.
Reporting to our Head Chef, this role will have a number of key elements, such as:
- Delivering the Club Lounge menu comprising high quality, wholesome food, using fresh produce where practicable.
- Ensuring hygiene protocols are followed rigorously, and keeping the kitchen thoroughly clean at all times.
- Managing stock levels to minimise stock and wastage whilst ensuring adequate supply.
- Contributing ideas to future menu development and the provision of Daily Specials.
- Establishing good relations with the rest of the Club Lounge team to ensure a harmonious working environment.
- Building good rapport with the Club membership to enable them to provide feedback on the food quality and the various menu options.
- Establishing good relations with suppliers.
- Following safe working practices at all times.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate/provide:
- A food hygiene certificate.
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fresh food preparation environment, either as a primary cook or as part of a brigade.
- Good communication skills, organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- Be fit/healthy and interested in fitness and healthy living.
- Able to work flexible shifts and provide cover when needed.
- Be living locally or have the desire to settle locally (30 min maximum commute).
Salary & Benefits:
The position will pay a competitive salary dependent on hours and experience. We also operate a bonus scheme for all of our staff and operate a contributory pension scheme. Holidays are initially 30 days (including bank holidays), rising with length of service. We invest in our staff team, offering regular training, the opportunity to improve key skills and to contribute to the development of each department.
Club Towers is a premium health & racquets club located in Bedford, offering our members a wide range of excellent facilities including a high-class gym, three studios, tennis, squash, treatment rooms, swimming pool and spa. Since opening in 2017, we have been highly successful, building a large membership base, and now operating a waiting list for new members.
Our members expect high levels of customer service from our staff team and hence we look to recruit people who are capable of interacting positively with our members to ensure they are well looked after.
How to Apply
Please send in your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Dependent upon number of contracted hours.BACK TO CAREERS