Admin and Operations Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced leisure industry professional as our Admin and Operations Manager to work 40 hours per week.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will involve running our Admin/Reception department and Duty Manager team. Delivering a first-class customer service to our members is paramount and the role has a number of key elements as follows:
- Line management of the Club’s Reception/Admin and Duty Manager teams.
- Handling member queries and complaints both in person and over email.
- Working a mix of Reception shifts, Duty Manager shifts and office days on a rota basis to include weekend shifts.
- Acting as a first point of contact for our members. A key role that requires exceptional people skills and knowledge of Club operations.
- Training / coaching / mentoring the Reception/Admin team and our Duty Managers.
- Thinking strategically about resource planning to ensure departments are always well resourced.
- Running checks on a daily / weekly basis that departmental tasks are being done and done well.
- Communicating club events and information to the Duty Manager and Reception teams, ensuring they are well equipped to answer member queries.
- Holding regular team meetings and driving the strategic direction of the departments.
- Contributing to the overall member experience and helping to promote the Club’s ethos.
- Becoming “expert” in the use of our membership management system.
Leading from the front in this role and being able to carry out Reception and Duty Manager duties to a high standard is important. For example:
- Opening and closing the departments and the Club.
- Taking bookings and payments.
- Daily banking and cashing up.
- Handling member queries and complaints.
- Sales enquiry calls and tours.
- Knowing about all areas of the club, procedures and policies.
- Acting as a qualified first aider and pool responder in the building when Duty Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- A “member first”, customer focused outlook.
- A track record of successfully managing a team of people.
- An excellent standard of written English and ability to handle and communicate well to our members over email.
- A desire and the skill set to be “member facing” as either a Duty Manager or Reception Manager including first rate communication skills.
- An ability to work shifts.
- A confident and calm manner when dealing with complaints and difficult situations.
- Experience of independent decision-making.
- A good standard of IT literacy. Ability to work confidently with our membership management system, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- An ability to problem-solve.
- Confident acting as the Club’s first aider and pool responder when Duty Manager.
- A willingness and desire to contribute and support all areas of the Club.
- A passion for Health and Fitness.
Candidates must live locally (within a 30 minute commute or be willing to relocate). In addition, the following would be very beneficial for candidates to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a busy reception role.
- Experience of working in an operations role.
Club Towers is a premium health & racquets Club located in Bedford, offering our members a wide range of excellent facilities including a high-class gym, three studios, tennis, squash, treatment rooms, swimming pool and spa. Since opening in 2017, we have been highly successful, building a large membership base, and now operating a waiting list for new members.
Our members expect high levels of customer service from our staff team and hence we look to recruit people who are capable of interacting positively with our members to ensure they are well looked after.
Salary & Benefits
We invest in our staff team, offering regular training, the opportunity to improve key skills and to contribute to the development of each department.
The position will pay a competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Profit-share bonus.
- Complimentary club membership.
- Discounted membership rates for immediate family.
- 30-33 vacation days pro rata (including bank holidays).
- Club Towers’ commitment to training and development.
How to Apply
Please apply in writing with your c.v. to [email protected]. Please include a cover email stating why you are applying for this position, and what attributes you think you would bring to the Role and the Club.
Closing Date: 7th September 2023BACK TO CAREERS